Photos in the Domino directoryAdded by IBM on November 23, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
® directory does not have a standard field for photo, but photos can be retrieved from the Domino
Name and Address Book (NAB) as follows:
- Add a rich text field or rich-text lite field to the Person form of the Name and Address Book in Domino.
- Open names.nsf in Domino Designer.
- Open the Person form.
- Click the section where you want to add the field. A sub-form will open.
- In the sub-form, click where you want to add the field.
- Select Create > field from the menu, and edit the field's properties.
- Add the name to the field and select Rich Text as the type.
- Save the form.
- To store photo information in the newly-added rich-text field, choose either:
Using the Sametime® Administration tool, go to the Business Card Attribute page.
In the text box for the Photo attribute, type the name of the rich text field that you added to the Name and Address Book, above, matching the case, then click Update.
Restart the Sametime server.
- Import--click on the rich text field and choose Create > Picture. This adds the file contents to the field.
- Attach--save the image file in the rich text field as an attachment.
Photo types used by Domino
are .jpeg and .gif.
Parent topic: Configuring business cards using a Domino directory