Prepare for single sign-on (SSO) by exporting a LTPA key from the servers running on WebSphere
® Application Server. This step applies to the Sametime
® Media Manager SIP Proxy and Registrar server, the Sametime
Meeting server, and Sametime
Advanced. If you plan to enable the Click to Call feature, it also applies to the Sametime
Unified Telephony Application Server. The Sametime
Proxy Server does not need to be set up for single sign-on.
Before you begin
Servers using SSO must use the same LDAP directory that the Sametime
Community Server uses.
About this task
Community Server installation creates a Domino
® SSO key. You must replace the Domino
SSO key with a WebSphere
LTPA key to allow the Sametime
Community server running on Domino
and the other servers running on WebSphere
Application Server to have an identical key for token validation and generation. If Sametime
servers running on WebSphere
Application Server are managed by different Sametime
System Console, you must export the LTPA key from one of the servers (the Media Manager SIP Proxy and Registrar, Meeting Server, or Advanced server).
Parent topic: Setting up single sign-on (SSO) for Sametime clients
- Log in to the Integrated Solutions Console for the Sametime server.
- Click Security -> Global Security -> WEB and SIP Security -> Single Sign-on (SSO).
- Make sure that the Domain name matches the Sametime Server domain.
Note: Verify that Interoperability Mode is selected.
- Click OK and save the master configuration.
- Click Security -> Global Security.
- Under Authentication, click LTPA.
- In the LTPA timeout section, set the timeout value to a value larger than the default to minimize the potential for an LTPA token to expire during an active meeting. A value that covers a period somewhat longer than a typical work day, such as 600 minutes, is recommended.
- Under Cross Cell single sign-on, enter a Password, confirm the password, and specify a file name to store the key. Click Export keys.
Make a note of the location of the file created. You need to know its location when you import the file to the Sametime Community Server.
- Navigate to the directory where you exported the LTPA key.
- Copy the LTPA key to a location where you can access the file from the Sametime Community Server.