Preparing to install the Sametime web audio-visual pluginAdded by IBM on November 23, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|Prepare your browser before installing the IBM® Sametime® web audio-visual plugin.
Prepare your browser before installing the IBM
® web audio-visual plugin.
Before you begin
You must have already prepared the servers, as described in "Configuring servers to support the Sametime
web audio-visual plugin for browser-based clients."
Parent topic: Installing and uninstalling the Sametime web audio-visual plugin for browser-based meeting clients
Configuring servers to support the Sametime web audio-visual plugin for browser-based clients
Providing an alternate download site for the Sametime web audio-visual plugin
- For Internet Explorer browsers, provide access to allow the plugin to run.
If your site allows ActiveX controls to be installed on clients, follow these steps:
- From the browser, click Tools -> Internet Options.
- On the Security tab, click Custom level.
- Verify or select these options:
- Binary and Script Behavior: Enable
- Download signed ActiveX Controls: Prompt
- Only allow approved domains to use ActiveX without prompt: Enable
- Run ActiveX Controls and plug-ins: Enable
- Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting*: Enable
- Click OK and OK again.
If your site does not allow ActiveX controls to be installed on clients, follow these steps to include the Sametime
servers in the browser’s Trusted Sites list:
- In the browser, click Tools -> Internet Options and click the Security tab.
- Click Trusted Sites -> Sites.
- Add the host name for the Sametime servers and if applicable, the URL for an alternate update site:
- Add the Sametime Meeting Server and Sametime Proxy Server host names.
- If you use an Alternate Update site, provide the URL where the plugin will be hosted. This matches the URL you will provide in the Web AV Settings tab for the Proxy Server.
- Do not select Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone.
- Click Close and OK to save the changes.
- For all browsers, clear the cache and cookies to be sure that you download the latest plugin files.
For Firefox browsers, use the Tools -> Clear Recent History command to delete cache and cookies.
For Internet Explorer 7 and 8, use the Tools -> Delete Browsing History command to delete temporary Internet files and cookies.