Registering and federating an upgraded Advanced serverAdded by IBM on November 23, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|After upgrading an IBM® Sametime® Advanced server on IBM AIX®, Linux™, Sun Solaris, or Microsoft™ Windows™, register it with the Sametime System Console, so you can manage all of the Sametime servers from a central location.
After upgrading an IBM
® Advanced server on IBM AIX
™, Sun Solaris, or Microsoft
™, register it with the Sametime
System Console, so you can manage all of the Sametime
servers from a central location.
Before you begin
Verify that the Deployment Manager, the Sametime
System Console server, and the Sametime
Advanced server are running.
About this task
During this task you will edit the following files; click the topic titles below to see details on each file. You may want to open each topic in a new browser tab or window so you can keep it open for reference:
- Back up the console.properties and productConfig.properties files:
- On the server to be registered, navigate to the InstallLocation/console directory.
- Make backup copies (using different names) of the console.properties and productConfig.properties files.
- Update the following values in the console.properties file and save the file.
Table 1. console.properties settings
|SSCHostName||Provide the fully qualified host name of the Sametime System Console server.|
|SSCHTTPPort||Specify the HTTP port used for the Sametime System Console server if SSL is not enabled and the value for SSCSSLEnabled is "false." |
To determine the correct HTTP port, open the AboutThisProfile.txt file for the Sametime System Console Application Server Profile and use the setting specified for the "HTTP transport port." The default profile name is STSCAppProfile.
For example, on Windows the file is stored at: C:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppServerProfile/logs/AboutThisProfile.txt
|SSCUserName||Enter the IBM WebSphere Application Server User ID that you created when you installed Sametime System Console. The default is wasadmin.|
|SSCPassword||Enter the WebSphere Application Server password associated with the SSCUserName.|
|SSCSSLEnabled||Change this value to "true" to connect to the Sametime System Console using a secure connection.|
|SSCHTTPSPort||Specify the HTTPS port used by the Sametime System Console server if SSCSSLEnabled is set to "true."|
- Verify that the following settings in the productConfig.properties file are correct. Modify them as needed before saving and closing the file. You will need to add the passwords.
Table 2. Sametime Advanced
|Deployment Manager Hostname||The fully qualified host name for the WebSphere Application Server Deployment Manager.|
|SOAP port||The SOAP port for the WebSphere Application Server Deployment Manager.|
- Now register and federate the server:
- Run the registration utility from the /console directory.
- AIX, Linux, Solaris: ./registerProduct.sh -federateNode
- Windows: registerProduct.bat -federateNode
The utility registers the server, generating a log file called ConsoleUtility.log and storing it in the console/logs directory. If the registration is successful, a console.pid file will be added.
Parent topic: Upgrading from Sametime Advanced 8.0.x
Previous topic: Updating broadcast communities and chat rooms
Next topic: Verifying a Sametime Advanced upgrade