Removing a Sametime Community Server from a cluster on AIX, Linux, Solaris, or WindowsAdded by IBM on November 23, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|Before uninstalling an IBM Sametime Community Server that is part of a cluster administered by the Sametime System Console, remove the server from the cluster.
Before uninstalling an IBM Sametime Community Server that is part of a cluster administered by the Sametime System Console, remove the server from the cluster.
About this task
Follow these steps to remove the Sametime Community Server from the cluster administered with the Sametime System Console.
- Working on the server you want to remove from the cluster, navigate to the InstallLocation/console directory for the Deployment Manager profile.
- If this is the first time you have run a utility on this server, open console.properties file and provide the System Console Host name, port, User Name and Password. Also, you can specify the log level, which is not mandatory.
- Verify that the values in the productConfig.properties file are correct.
- Run the utility from the console directory you used in Step 1.
When you are prompted, enter the name of the cluster you are updating.
- AIX®, Linux®, Solaris: updateSTCluster.sh -remove
- Windows®: updateSTCluster.bat -remove
The utility removes the Sametime Community Server from the cluster and generates the ConsoleUtility.log file in the console directory. It also deletes the console.pid file from the console directory.
Parent topic: Uninstalling one clustered Sametime Community Server on AIX, Linux, Solaris, or Windows
Next topic: Unregistering a Sametime Community Server node