Removing a WebSphere Application Server node from a clusterAdded by IBM on November 23, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|Before uninstalling an IBM® Sametime® server that was clustered with an IBM WebSphere® Application Server network deployment, use the updateWASCluster -remove command to remove the node from the cluster.
Before uninstalling an IBM
® server that was clustered with an IBM WebSphere
® Application Server network deployment, use the updateWASCluster -remove
command to remove the node from the cluster.
About this task
Removing a node from a cluster involves verifying configuration settings for the cluster and then running a utility to remove the node from the cluster. If you are uninstalling a cluster, run the utility on every node in the cluster.
These instructions apply to the following Sametime
- Sametime Proxy Server
- Sametime Media Manager
- Sametime Meeting Server
- Sametime Gateway
- Sametime Advanced
- Update the console.properties file on the Deployment Manager:
- On the Deployment Manager server, navigate to the install_root/IBM/WebSphere/component/console folder for the Deployment Manager profile.
The component varies depending on whether you are working with the Sametime Meeting, Media Manager, or Proxy server.
Attention: The cluster's Primary Node is installed on the same computer, so be sure to use the Deployment Manager profile.
- Open the console.properties file for editing.
- Fill in values for the following settings:
|SSCHostName||Type the fully qualified host name of the Sametime System Console server.|
|SSCHTTPPort||Type the HTTP port used for the Sametime System Console server if SSL is not enabled and the value for SSCSSLEnabled is "false." |
To determine the correct HTTP port, open the AboutThisProfile.txt file for the Sametime System Console Application Server Profile and use the setting specified for the "HTTP transport port." The default profile name is STSCAppProfile.
|SSCUserName||Type the IBM WebSphere Application Server User ID that you created when you installed Sametime System Console. The default is wasadmin.|
|SSCPassword||Type the IBM WebSphere Application Server password associated with the SSCUserName.|
- Save and close the file.
- Now open the productConfig.properties file (in the same folder) and verify that all of the settings are correct, changing settings as needed before you save and close the file.
- Verify that the Sametime System Console has been started.
- Open a command window and run the following command:
You must specify the -remove
parameter. Otherwise, you will unregister the entire cluster rather than remove the one node.
- IBM AIX®, Linux™, or Solaris: updateWASCluster.sh -remove
- Microsoft™ Windows™: updateWASCluster.bat -remove
- When prompted by the utility, enter the name of the cluster from which you are removing the node, and press Enter.
This utility removes the node from the specified cluster's settings and generates a log file called ConsoleUtility.log
, which it stores in the console/log
Parent topic: Removing a cluster of WebSphere-based Sametime servers on AIX, Linux, Solaris, or Windows
Previous topic: Removing a node from a Deployment Manager before removing it from a cluster
Next topic: Unregistering a cluster of WebSphere-based servers on AIX, Linux, Solaris, or Windows