Requiring meeting passwordsAdded by IBM on November 23, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|You can require that all meeting rooms in IBM® Sametime® have passwords.
You can require that all meeting rooms in IBM
® have passwords.
About this task
Meeting rooms are not required to have passwords by default. You can change this configuration setting so that meeting rooms are required to have passwords.
- Log in to the Integrated Solutions Console.
- Click Sametime System Console -> Sametime Servers -> Sametime Meeting Servers.
- In the Meeting Servers list, click a server with the configuration that you want to change.
- Click the Server Configuration tab.
- Click Edit.
- Scroll down to the meetingroomcenter.passwords configuration key.
You can only edit the value; you cannot edit a configuration key name.
- Change the Configuration Value to one of the following values:
|0||No password required. This is the default value.|
|1||Password required. The password must contain at least five characters.|
|2||Strong password required. |
A strong password must contain eight or more characters, mixed upper and lower case letters, at least one number, and at least one special character (for example: comma, exclamation point, or asterisk).
Password character restrictions
In addition to non-English characters, the following characters must not be included in passwords used by Sametime:
: \ } ’ " & < >
- Click OK.
This configuration change immediately takes effect.
Parent topic: Administering a Sametime Meeting Server