Restarting and synchronizing nodes in the Sametime Proxy Server clusterAdded by IBM on November 23, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|Synchronize the nodes in an IBM® WebSphere® Application Server network deployment.
Synchronize the nodes in an IBM
® Application Server network deployment.
About this task
Synchronizing nodes in a cluster ensures that the Deployment Manager has an up-to-date copy of each node's configuration.
Parent topic: Clustering two or more Sametime Proxy Servers
- Log in to the Deployment Manager's (the Sametime System Console) Integrated Solutions Console as the WebSphere administrator.
- Stop the Deployment Manager:
- Click System Administration -> Deployment manager.
- Click the "Configuration" tab.
- On the Configuration tab of the deployment manager settings, click Stop.
- Now start the Deployment Manager:
- Open a command window and navigate to the app_server_root/profiles/DeploymentManagerName/bin directory.
- Run the following command:
IBM AIX®, Linux®, or Solaris
- On the Control Language (CL) command line, run the Start Qshell (STRQSH) command.
- At the Qshell prompt, run the following commands:
- Log in to the Integrated Solutions Console.
- Wait until the nodes have all started. Then follow these steps to synchronize all the nodes:
- In the Deployment Manager's Integrated Solutions Console, click System Administration -> Nodes.
- Select all nodes in the cluster.
- Click Full Resynchronize.
- Restart all nodes in the cluster:
- In the Deployment Manager's Integrated Solutions Console, click System Administration -> Node agents.
- Click a node agent, and then click Restart (the node agent should already be running).
- Wait until the nodes have all started before proceeding to another task.