Sametime clientsAdded by IBM on November 23, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|To collaborate in instant messaging and online meetings, people in your organization use IBM Sametime clients that interact with services on Sametime servers.
To collaborate in instant messaging and online meetings, people in your organization use IBM Sametime clients that interact with services on Sametime servers.
Parent topic: What is Sametime?
- Sametime Connect - desktop instant messaging client that can be stand-alone or embedded in Lotus Notes
- Sametime browser client - instant messaging client in a browser
- Sametime mobile client - instant messaging features in a mobile device
- Sametime iPhone client - optimized browser client for iPhone
- Sametime Meetings - meeting room plugin for Sametime Connect or Lotus Notes
- Sametime Meeting Room Center in a browser - online access to Sametime meeting rooms
- Sametime Classic Meetings client - Java-based meeting room client interacts with the Sametime Classic Meeting Server.
Sametime offering features by client type
The features available to users depend on the type of client they use and the IBM Sametime
® offering installed on their home servers.
Sametime screen sharing and remote control features available to clients
Users who have sharing abilities can share their screens with others during a meeting. The screen sharing feature available to clients depends on the type of server that is hosting meetings and the operating system clients are running on. Features such as remote control hosting and driving are only available in Sametime
Meeting features in Connect versus web clients
The table below compares meeting features available to the Sametime Connect client (rich client) and the web client.
Integrating Sametime with Microsoft Office applications
You can integrate Sametime with Microsoft
® Office to enable Windows
® users to talk and meet without leaving their Microsoft
Office applications. You can also integrate Sametime with the Office SharePoint Server to enable Sametime users to communicate with Office SharePoint Server users from a SharePoint site.