Validate the host name and ports specified for a new IBM
® Sametime Community Mux server.
Before you begin
Use this page to validate the host name of a new Community Mux, along with the ports on which it will listen for client connections. This ensures you have a working multiplexer before you attempt to connect it to a Sametime community server or cluster.
- Connect to Sametime® Community Mux Servers.
Click Add to begin the guided activity, which lets you validate your installed Sametime Community Mux servers before connecting them to community servers.
You can optionally edit or delete connections to Community Mux servers. Click Refresh to view your most recent changes.
- Add Sametime Community Mux Servers.
- In "Connect to Sametime Community Mux Servers", click Add.
- In the Host Name field, type the fully qualified host name of the new Sametime Community Mux (for example: mux1.example.com).
- Accept the default settings for the Client Port and Client HTTP Port fields.
These settings indicate the ports that the multiplexer will listen on for connections from Sametime Connect clients and from web clients, respectively.
- Click Save.
The connection to the Sametime Community Mux is validated when you save the settings.
What to do next
If you are installing, proceed to Configuring the sametime.ini file for a stand-alone multiplexer
If you are upgrading from Release 8.0.x or 7.5.1, proceed to Registering an upgraded Community Server with the System Console
Parent topic: Connecting to a Sametime Community Mux server