® Advanced , create a folder hierarchy for chat rooms and grant access to other users.
About this task
When IBM Sametime
Advanced is installed, a single root folder named "Chat Rooms" is created on the All Chat Rooms page. This folder cannot be renamed or removed. Initially, all users have permission to create and edit new folders and chat rooms in this folder. You can limit users' ability to create new folders and chat rooms by designating specific users as managers of the Chat Rooms folder. Managers of a folder automatically are granted manager permissions in all subfolders.
- Log in to Sametime Advanced as an administrator.
- Click the All Chat Rooms tab.
- Next to the Chat Rooms folder (the root folder), click Edit.
- Click the Managers tab.
- Select the Users specified below have manager access to this folder check box.
- Click Edit.
- Use the Edit Users dialog to search for, add, and remove users.
- Repeat the previous three steps for Authors and Readers.
- Click Save.
What to do next
After you have designated managers, you and the other managers can create new folders and subfolders to build a hierarchy of folders for your organization.
Folder and chat room rolesParent topic: Controlling access in Sametime Advanced
The following table describes the roles associated with folders and chat rooms in IBM Sametime