Click-to-call enables users of the IBM
® Sametime Web Client and Meeting Room clients to make calls if the administrator has configured a telephony conferencing server.
Before you begin
Before completing this task, ensure that your telephony conferencing server is configured correctly. If you will use Sametime Unified Telephony, make sure the following tasks have been competed before attempting to create the connection as described in this topic:
- Install the Sametime Unified Telephony API on the Telephony Application Server (for information, see the Sametime Unified Telephony API Guide within the Sametime 8.5.2 SDK).
- Configure LDAP access for the API on the Sametime Unified Telephony server (for information, see the Sametime Unified Telephony API Guide within the Sametime 8.5.2 SDK).
- Set up single-sign on to support the Click to Call feature.
- Import the SSL certificate from the Sametime Unified Telephony server into the Sametime Proxy Server's Cell truststore.
About this task
Complete the following steps to connect the IBM
Sametime Proxy server to the telephony conferencing server.
- Login to the Sametime System Console with administrator privileges.
- Expand the Sametime System Console twistie.
- Select Sametime Proxy Servers
- Select the Deployment Name for the Sametime Proxy Server deployment you wish to configure.
- Select a telephony service based on your deployment’s features:
Enable Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption by clicking Enable SSL.
- No telephony (default)
- Enable TCSPI (Telephony Control Service Provider Interface)
- Enable Sametime Unified Telephony
Requires that Sametime Unified Telephony be deployed and running. If you select this option, provide the Host name and Port (9080 is the default) of the Telephony Application Server.
Note: This step is required when you use Sametime Unified Telephony.
Click OK, and then click Apply.
Restart the server if you are using Sametime Unified Telephony.
Parent topic: Configuring a Sametime Proxy Server