Setting up the Meeting Integrator for a secure connectionAdded by IBM on November 23, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|Install the SSL certificate on the client to use the Meeting Integrator successfully on Sametime® servers running on a secure connection. The Sametime Meeting Server runs on a secure HTTPS connection by default.
Install the SSL certificate on the client to use the Meeting Integrator successfully on Sametime
® servers running on a secure connection. The Sametime
Meeting Server runs on a secure HTTPS connection by default.
About this task
Follow these steps to install the certificate.
Parent topic: Installing Sametime Integration for Microsoft Office
- Open Internet Explorer to connect to the Sametime server over HTTPS.
- At the Security Alert dialog box, click View Certificate.
If you do not see a dialog box, double-click the lock icon located in the bottom right corner of the window.
- The Certificate dialog box shows the certificate properties. Open the Certification Path tab.
The root certificate shows a red X because it is not yet trusted.
- Select the root certificate and click View Certificate.
A dialog box shows the properties of the root certificate.
- Click Install Certificate.
- When the wizard starts, click Next.
- On the next screen, select Automatically select the certificate store based on the type of certificate and click Next.
- Click Finish.
At the prompt, click Yes to trust the root certificate.
- After receiving a confirmation that the certificate was correctly installed, close and reopen Internet Explorer and connect to the Sametime server again.
If the certificate was installed properly, the Security Alert no longer appears.