Specifying an administration server for databasesAdded by IBM on November 23, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|AdminP uses administration servers to manage administrative changes that apply to IBM® Domino® databases. Either the administrator or the database manager can specify the administration server for a database. Perform this procedure on an as-needed basis.
AdminP uses administration servers to manage administrative changes that apply to IBM
® databases. Either the administrator or the database manager can specify the administration server for a database. Perform this procedure on an as-needed basis.
Before you begin
To change the administration server for a Domino
database, you must have Manager access to the database or be designated as a Full access administrator on the Security tab of the Server document.
About this task
Parent topic: Enabling AdminP integration
- From the IBM Lotus® Domino Administrator, open the domain containing the server with the database for which you are setting an administration server.
- From the Servers pane, select the server containing the database you are setting as an administration server.
- Click the Files tab and then select the database to which you are assigning an administration server.
- From the "Tools" pane, click Tools -> Database -> Manage ACL.
- Click Advanced.
- Complete these fields and then click OK:
|Administration Server||Choose one of these:
- None -- If you do not want an administration server assigned for the database.
- Server -- Select a server from the list.
|Choose one of these according to whether you want modifications to the indicated fields to occur during a rename group, rename user, or rename server action; or during a delete server, delete group, or delete user action:
- Do not modify Names fields -- Names fields are not updated during any of the above rename and delete actions.
- Modify all Readers and Authors fields -- Reader and Author fields are updated during the rename and delete actions listed above.
- Modify all Names fields -- All names fields are updated during any of the rename or delete actions listed above.
- If you will be processing administration requests across domains, complete the procedure in the topic "Creating a Cross-domain Configuration document" in the Domino Administration information center.