Follow these instructions to start a Sametime
® Community Server on AIX
®, or Solaris.
About this task
is installed on an IBM Lotus
® server. Once you set up the Lotus Domino
server to launch Sametime
automatically, then whenever you start or stop the Domino
server, you are starting and stopping the Sametime server as well.
- Log in to the system as the default Domino user. Make sure the default path and environment are set correctly.
- Start the Sametime server by issuing the following server command. Note that starting the Sametime server might take a few minutes.
- The "ststart" script file sets some important environment variables before launching the server executable (/opt/ibm/lotus/bin/server).
What to do next
Starting and stopping the Sametime server without starting and stopping Domino
You can start and stop the Sametime
server and keep the Domino
server running. For example, you might need to shut down Sametime
services while you make configuration changes on the Sametime
server, but you need to leave the Domino
server running so you can access Domino
databases on the server.
Parent topic: Starting and stopping Domino and a Sametime Community Server on AIX, Linux, or Solaris
Considerations for AIX, Linux, and Solaris
- Open the Domino server console on the Sametime/Domino server.
- In the Domino server console, choose one of the following actions:
- To start the Sametime server from a Domino server that is already running type this command:
- To stop the Sametime server without stopping the Domino server type this command: