You can synchronize IBM
® Connections communities with IBM Sametime
® communities just once, or set up automatic daily synchronization.
Before you begin
Connections 2.5 and 18.104.22.168 require fixes for communities synchronization.
About this task
Integration and synchronization is "one-way": from Connections to Sametime
Advanced. Therefore, users can see their Connections communities in Sametime
Advanced, but they do not see broadcast communities in Connections. These communities cannot be edited in Sametime
Advanced; they can only be edited in Connections.
Synchronization does not support HTTP redirection. If the Connections server is configured to redirect from one port to another, for example from HTTP to HTTPS, then synchronization fails.
You must be an administrator for both Sametime
Advanced and Connections before you can synchronize the communities. Before you begin, you must grant a Sametime
Advanced administrator access rights to Connections communities in the community.policy
file. See the previous topic for more information. This administrator must also be a member of the LDAP directory.
Parent topic: Integrating Sametime Advanced with Connections
Previous topic: Granting an administrator rights to Connections 2.5 communities
Next topic: Setting up community synchronization with HTTPS
- Log in to the Sametime System Console.
- Click Sametime Servers -> Sametime Advanced Server.
- Select the Sametime Advanced server.
- On the Administrative Settings tab, find the Connection settings
- Select the protocol type.
- Type the fully qualified host name in Host name.
- Type the port number in Port.
- Enter the administrator user name and password. This is the administrator ID that was granted superuser rights to access Connections communities in the Connections community.policy file. See the previous topic, "Granting an administrator rights to access Connections communities."
- If you want to automate community synchronization so that it happens daily, select Enable daily community synchronization.
The servers will synchronize daily at 2 AM in the time zone of the Sametime Advanced server.
- If you want to synchronize immediately, click Synchronize Now.