If users at your site are having difficulty inviting other users to meetings, verify the host name for the meeting room in their client preferences.
About this task
If a user enters a value for a server preference that is not
a fully qualified host name, then the users that he or she invites into meetings might not be able to attend.
Parent topic: Troubleshooting Sametime clients
- In the IBM® Lotus® Sametime® Connect client, click File -> Preferences... .
- In Preferences, click Server Communities.
- Click the host name for the server community that hosts the meeting room.
- Click the Server tab.
- Verify that the host name is fully qualified.
For example, it should be messaging.yourcompanya.com and not messaging.
- If it is not a fully qualified host name, click Server Communities and remove the server community and re-add with the correct host name.
- Click OK.