® Advanced supports workflow APIs for approving chat room and broadcast community creation.
About this task
When you turn on workflow APIs, and a user creates a chat room or a broadcast community, it is not automatically created, but it is placed in a queue. A designated workflow approver must monitor the queue, and then approve or deny the request to create a chat room or community. Queue monitoring and chat room and community approval can only be done by writing your own code using the workflow APIs. You can find information on using the workflow API calls in the Sametime Advanced Software Development Kit
at IBM developerWorks
® at http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/lotus/downloads/toolkits.html
Follow these instructions for turning on workflow APIs.
- Log in to the Integrated Solutions Console.
- Click Sametime System Console -> Sametime Servers -> Sametime Advanced Servers.
- In the Sametime Advanced Servers list, click the deployment name of the server with the information that you want to add or change.
- Click the Administrative Settings tab.
- Select one or both of the following check boxes:
- Enable chat room workflow API
- Enable community workflow API
What to do next
Assign or change workflow approvers in the WebSphere
® Integrated Solutions Console. Go to Servers
-> Application servers
-> Installed applications
-> Sametime Advanced Application
-> Security role to user/group mapping
Parent topic: Administering Sametime Advanced