® Gateway on a server running Microsoft
Before you begin
Gateway automatically removes WebSphere
® Application Server as well. If you are reinstalling Sametime
Gateway, there's no need to uninstall DB2
® first. If you need to uninstall DB2
, uninstall it separately according instructions in the DB2
Information Center at http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v8/index.jsp
- Stop all servers associated with the Sametime server in the order shown below. For more information, see Command reference for starting and stopping servers.
- Log in to the Integrated Solutions Console on the Deployment Manager and stop the node agent for the server (or servers if you are working in a cluster).
- Stop the Sametime server.
- Stop WebSphere Application Server.
- Stop the Deployment Manager.
- Close all browsers and command windows that are accessing the server you plan to uninstall.
- Open a command window and navigate to the following directory: stgw_server_root/_uninst
- Type the appropriate command to start the uninstall program:
Select the language you wish to use for the uninstall procedure and click OK. The Welcome screen is displayed.
Click Next to proceed. The Sametime Gateway features screen is displayed.
Select the check box for all available components/features and click Next. The Uninstall summary screen is displayed.
Click Uninstall to begin the procedure. The progress is displayed on the screen.
When the uninstall is complete, read the summary information and click Finish to exit the wizard.
Remove all Sametime Gateway install folders from your computer.
- For GUI mode, type uninstaller.exe
- For console mode, type uninstaller.exe -console
What to do next
Application Server, the Sametime
Gateway Profile, and the Sametime
Gateway application must all be uninstalled before installing a new version of Sametime
Gateway. If all components are not removed, the VPD registry may treat any new installation as an additional instance of Sametime
Gateway rather than as an initial instance.
Application Server did not uninstall completely, refer to Manually removing WebSphere Application Server on AIX, Linux, Solaris, and Windows
for instructions on manually removing WebSphere
Parent topic: Uninstalling WebSphere and Sametime Gateway on AIX, Linux, Solaris, or Windows