Uninstalling a Sametime TURN ServerAdded by IBM on November 23, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|Uninstall an IBM® Sametime® TURN Server by removing the product files from the computer.
Uninstall an IBM
® TURN Server by removing the product files from the computer.
- Stop the TURN Server by locating its JAVA process and stopping the process.
- Delete the TURN Server files:
- Navigate to the directory where the TURN Server is installed (for example in Microsoft™ Windows™, C:\TURN).
- Do one of the following:
Disable the TURN service from the Sametime Media Manager's Conference Manager component:
- If you will not be re-installing the TURN Server, you can delete the entire folder.
- If you plan to re-install the TURN Server later, retain the folder but delete all files within it.
Remove the TURN Server name from the Sametime Media Manager's Configuration page:
- On the server hosting the Conference Manager, open the stavconfig.xml file for editing.
If the Conference Manager is clustered, use the cluster's Deployment Manager profile.
- Set the value for NATTraversalEnabled to false.
<configuration lastUpdated="1226425838277" name="NATTraversalEnabled" value="false"/>
- Save and close the file.
- If the Conference Manager is clustered, synchronize all nodes in the cluster:
- In the Deployment Manager's Integrated Solutions Console, click System Administration -> Nodes.
- Click Full Resynchronize.
- On the server hosting the Sametime System Console, log in to the Integrated Solutions Console.
- Click Sametime System Console -> Sametime Servers -> Sametime Media Manager.
- In the Sametime Media Managers list, click the deployment name of the Sametime Media Manager.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- Locate the "NAT Traversal" section at the bottom of the page.
- Under "TURN server" replace the TURN Server's host name with "0.0.0.0" in the host name field that you configured when you installed the TURN Server.
- Click OK.
- Restart the Sametime Media Manager (not the Sametime System Console) so this change can take effect.
Note: For added security, close the TURN server ports in the firewall (port 3478 by default). Also, uninstalling the load balancer is not mandatory since it can be used for other tasks such as HTTP.
Parent topic: Uninstalling