Unregistering Sametime Gateway on AIX, Linux, Solaris, or WindowsAdded by IBM on November 23, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|Before you uninstall an IBM® Sametime Gateway server on IBM AIX, Linux, Solaris, or Microsoft Windows, remove it from the list of the Sametime System Console's managed servers by running the unregister utility. You should only unregister Sametime Gateway when you will uninstall the server or perform some other activity that requires removal of the product from the console.
Before you uninstall an IBM
® Sametime Gateway server on IBM AIX, Linux, Solaris, or Microsoft Windows, remove it from the list of the Sametime System Console's managed servers by running the unregister utility. You should only unregister Sametime Gateway when you will uninstall the server or perform some other activity that requires removal of the product from the console.
About this task
During this task you will edit the following files; click the topic titles below to see details on each file. You may want to open each topic in a new browser tab or window so you can keep it open for reference:
- Back up the console.properties and productConfig.properties files:
- On the Sametime Gateway server, navigate to the stgw_server_root/IBM/WebSphere/STgateway/console directory.
- Make backup copies (using different names) of the console.properties and productConfig.properties files.
- Update the following values in the console.properties file and save the file.
Table 1. console.properties settings
|SSCHostName||Provide the fully qualified host name of the Sametime System Console server.|
|SSCHTTPPort||Specify the HTTP port used for the Sametime System Console server if SSL is not enabled and the value for SSCSSLEnabled is "false." |
To determine the correct HTTP port, open the AboutThisProfile.txt file for the Sametime System Console Application Server Profile and use the setting specified for the "HTTP transport port." The default profile name is STSCAppProfile.
For example, on Windows the file is stored at: C:/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppServerProfile/logs/AboutThisProfile.txt
|SSCUserName||Enter the IBM WebSphere® Application Server User ID that you created when you installed Sametime System Console. The default is wasadmin.|
|SSCPassword||Enter the WebSphere Application Server password associated with the SSCUserName.|
- Verify that the settings in the productConfig.properties file are correct, modifying them as needed before saving and closing the file.
Only the required values in this file are listed here:
Table 2. productConfig.properties settings
|DepName||Provide a descriptive name for your deployment. It must be a unique deployment name on the Sametime System Console. |
|NodeHostName ||Provide the fully qualified host name for the server that is being unregistered.|
- Now unregister the server:
- Open a command window and run the unregistration utility with the following command:
- AIX, Linux, Solaris: unregisterWASProduct.sh -uninstall
- Windows: unregisterWASProduct.bat -uninstall
The utility unregisters the server, generating a log file called ConsoleUtility.log and storing it in the console/logs directory. If the unregistration is successful, a console.pid will also be generated.
Parent topic: Uninstalling a WebSphere-based Sametime server on AIX, Linux, Solaris, and Windows
Updating the Sametime System Console on AIX, Linux, Solaris, or Windows when server unregistration fails