You can update connection setting information that the IBM
® Sametime System Console uses to connect to the Sametime Community Server.
About this task
Any changes that you make to the credential and connection information on the Connection Properties page does not change the actual settings on the Sametime Community Server. These settings are only used by the Sametime
® System Console to connect to the Sametime
If you are configuring the Sametime Community Server to use SSL (Secure Socket Layer), make sure the server's Domino
® CA certificate has been added to the Sametime
System Console's trust store using the Integrated Solutions Console (Security
-> SSL certificate and key management
-> SSL configurations
-> Key stores and certificates
-> Signer certificates
). See the WebSphere Application Server information center
for more information on adding certificates to a trust store.
Follow these steps to update connection setting information.
Parent topic: Configuring Sametime Community Server connectivity
Next topic: Ports used by the Sametime Community Server
- Log in the Integrated Solutions Console.
- Click Sametime System Console -> Sametime Servers -> Sametime Community Servers.
- In the Sametime Community Servers list, click the Edit next to the deployment name of the server with the connection information that you want to change.
- Under Connection Properties, enter the administrator's User name and Password for connecting to the Sametime Community Server.
- Enter the HTTP port (typically 80) and HTTPS port (typically 443).
- By default, the Sametime Community Server trusts other Sametime components. If you want to change this setting, then select Do not auto-accept SSL certificate.
- Click Save.
- If you enabled SSL, then you must restart the Sametime System Console for the changes to take effect.