Updating search settings for policiesAdded by IBM on November 23, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|Replace the Notes policy key in sametime.ini with a key for the LDAP directory and verify that the search filter settings are correct for the LDAP server.
Replace the Notes policy key in sametime.ini with a key for the LDAP directory and verify that the search filter settings are correct for the LDAP server.
About this task
To switch from the Domino
® directory to an LDAP configuration, make the following changes:
Parent topic: Replacing the Domino Directory with an LDAP directory
Previous topic: Configuring LDAP
Next topic: Reconfiguring the UserInfo servlet after switching from Domino to LDAP
- Stop the Sametime® Policy service.
- In the Policy section of the Sametime.ini file, replace the key:
with this key:
- Save the Sametime.ini file.
- Click Administer the Server.
- In the navigation pane, click LDAP Directory -> Searching.
The top two search filter settings are for LDAP, and the lower two search filter settings are for Policy.
- Verify that the LDAP Server document holds the proper values for the BaseMembership and GroupMembership fields.
The most effective policy search through the LDAP Directory may be using a memberOf attribute. In this case, the Policy filter field contains this attribute name, so if your LDAP Server provides the memberOf attribute, you should know how to configure the use of this feature.
- Save stconfig.nsf.
- Using the "tell http restart" command in the Domino console, restart the Domino HTTP server.
- Restart the Sametime Policy service.