Updating the .jar files for the iKeyMan utilityAdded by IBM on November 23, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|The iKeyMan utility on the IBM® Sametime® Community Server requires a specific version of the Java™ runtime environment and updated .jar and java security files for this release.
The iKeyMan utility on the IBM
® Community Server requires a specific version of the Java
™ runtime environment and updated .jar and java security files for this release.
Parent topic: Setting up a keystore for the SSL certificate used by Lotus Domino
Previous topic: Installing GSKit on the Sametime Community Server
Next topic: Creating a keystore file for the Domino server’s SSL certificate
- On the Sametime Community Server, download and Install Java 1.6 SR 3 from the Java web site into a java6sr3 directory.
- Navigate to the Sametime_install_root\ibm-jre\lib\ext directory.
- Find gskikm.jar and ibmcmsprovider.jar, back them up in a different folder, but with the same names. Then remove them from the ext directory.
- Copy gskikm.jar and ibmcmsprovider.jar from java6sr3\jre\lib\ext to the Sametime_install_root\ibm-jre\jre\lib\ext directory.
- Use a text editor to add com.ibm.security.cmskeystore.CMSProvider to the list of providers in the java.security file as follows:
- Navigate to the Sametime_install_root\ibm-jre\jre\lib\security directory. For example:
- Open the java.security file.
- In the java.security file, and add the following statement to the list of security providers as shown, where number is the last sequence number in the list.
The example below illustrates this line added to the java.security file (notice that the preference numbers must be in sequence):
## List of providers and their preference orders (see above)#
- Close and save the file.