If you attempted to unregister an IBM
® server from the console using either the uninstallation program or the manual unregistration utility and it failed, you can update the console itself to complete the unregistration task. You can also use this method if the installed server has failed and cannot be uninstalled or unregistered.
Before you begin
Make a note of the product type, host name, install type, and deployment name for the Sametime
server you want to remove.
About this task
This utility removes information about a Sametime server from the IBM DB2
® database used by the Sametime
System Console, effectively unregistering the server. This method is useful when you are unable to complete the unregistration task from the server itself; for example:
- If you have run an uninstall, and received an error message stating that the Sametime System Console could not be contacted to remove the server from the configuration.
- If you experienced a catastrophic server failure and cannot run the uninstallation program or the unregistration utility on that server.
- If you want to force the removal of a server from the Sametime System Console's topology for some reason and the unregistration utility failed.
- Working on the Sametime System Console server, navigate to the InstallLocation/console directory.
- Update the following values in the console.properties file before saving and closing the file:
Table 1. console.properties settings
|SSCHostName||Provide the fully qualified host name of the Sametime System Console server.|
|SSCHTTPPort||Specify the HTTP port used for the Sametime System Console server if SSL is not enabled and the value for SSCSSLEnabled is "false." |
To determine the correct HTTP port, open the AboutThisProfile.txt file for the Sametime System Console Application Server Profile and use the setting specified for the "HTTP transport port." The default profile name is STSCAppProfile.
|SSCUserName||Enter the IBM WebSphere® Application Server User ID that you created when you installed Sametime System Console. The default is wasadmin.|
|SSCPassword||Enter the WebSphere Application Server password associated with the SSCUserName.|
- Run the updateStaleEntry utility:
- Open a command window and run the following command:
When prompted, provide the product type, host name, install type, and deployment name for the Sametime server that you are removing from the console's database.
- AIX®, Linux™, Solaris: ./updateStaleEntry.sh -uninstall
- Windows™: updateStaleEntry.bat -uninstall
The utility removes the server from the database and generates the ConsoleUtility.log file, storing it in the console/logs directory.
Restart the Sametime System Console.
Parent topic: Troubleshooting installation or uninstallation