Updating the Sametime web audio-visual plugin package for Release 8.5.2 on an alternate update
siteAdded by IBM on November 23, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|If you posted the IBM® Sametime® web audio-visual plugin package on an alternate update site and have a newer version to deploy, update the package on the alternate server and update the Web AV Settings on the server.
If you posted the IBM
® web audio-visual plugin package on an alternate update site and have a newer version to deploy, update the package on the alternate server and update the Web AV Settings on the server.
About this task
Follow these steps to copy the upgraded plugin package files to the alternate HTTP server and update the Web AV Settings on the Proxy Server to reflect the new version.
- Log in to the computer where the HTTP server is installed.
- Navigate to the HTTP server directory where the plugin package is hosted.
- Back up the original plugin package to a backup folder.
- Copy the upgraded plugin package to the folder.
- Log in to the Sametime System Console.
- Click Sametime System Console -> Sametime Servers -> Sametime Proxy Servers.
- In the Proxy Servers list, click the server with the configuration that you want to change.
- In the Web AV Settings tab, provide the following details:
Click Apply, then click OK.
Click System administration -> Save changes to master repository.
Select Synchronize changes with Nodes. Click Save.
Restart the Proxy Server.
The URL remains the same; for example:
- WebPlayer Version
Specify the value of the WebPlayer Version in the VersionInfo.txt file included with the Web Meeting Room client package.
- Softphone Plugin Version
Specify the value of the Plugin Version in the VersionInfo.txt file included with the Web Meeting Room client package.
- If the Sametime Proxy Server's primary node is federated to the Sametime System Console deployment manager, then restart the System Console deployment manager, Proxy Server primary node agent, and Proxy Server.
- If the Sametime Proxy Server is installed as a Cell profile, then restart the Proxy Server’s own deployment manager, node agent, and server.
Clients install the latest plugin by entering a Meeting room and using the browser’s automatic install feature.
If users installed the plugin through an administrator-initiated install, they must select Install for all users
if they are prompted with a choice during the update.
Parent topic: Upgrading Sametime clients