You can change the LDAP Bind password that you defined when you first connected the LDAP server.
About this task
Change your LDAP Bind password by running the Connect to LDAP Servers prerequisite in the Sametime
® System Console. Changing the password updates the Sametime
Community Server database, stconfig.nsf
and the WebSphere
® Application Server. Then send the update to any other Deployment Managers in the environment and to the Directory Assistance database on the Sametime
Parent topic: Changing the administrator password
Connecting to an LDAP server
Creating a Directory Assistance document
- From the Sametime System Console, run the Connect to LDAP Servers prerequisite. Update the LDAP Bind password when you are prompted to do so and save the changes.
The change updates the LDAP repository configured for WebSphere Application Server.
- Wait for the next scheduled update task to run, which updates the LDAP Server document in the Sametime Community Server configuration database (stconfig.nsf) with the password change.
- If the Sametime System Console is the Deployment Manager for all Sametime servers, proceed to the next step.
- Change the LDAP password in the Directory Assistance document on the Community Server.
- From the Notes® client, open the Directory Assistance database (usually named da.nsf) on the Community Server.
- Open the Directory Assistance document for the LDAP server.
- On the LDAP tab, under Connectivity Settings, update the Administrator password.
- Save and close the document.
- Restart the Community Servers, Deployment Managers, and Application Servers that share the LDAP repository.