The earlier version of Sametime
® Advanced used DB2
® 9.1 Enterprise Server Edition. With this release, Sametime
Advanced supports and is bundled with DB2
9.7 Workgroup Server Edition. Before upgrading IBM
Advanced, you can optionally upgrade a dedicated DB2
server and the Sametime
Advanced database to DB2
9.7 Workgroup Edition to match the version of DB2
used with other Sametime
Before you begin
If you are currently running DB2
on a 32-bit Linux
™ server and want to run DB2
9.7, you must upgrade the server to 64-bit and use the 64-bit version of DB2
9.7 before proceeding.
About this task
After backing up the Sametime
Advanced database, follow these steps to upgrade the DB2
server and maintain the Sametime
Advanced database separately from other Sametime
- Start the DB2 server and open a command window.
- Run the following command to get a list of the contents of the system database directory.
db2 LIST DATABASE DIRECTORY
Save the information.
- Uninstall DB2 9.1.
- Install DB2 9.7.
- Install DB2 Net Search Extender.
- Run the following command to catalog the database using the information from the list database directory command.
db2 CATALOG DATABASE STADV on drive c:
- Update the database to DB2 9.7.
Follow the steps in the DB2
information center for your operating system:
What to do next
You can now remove the Broker database from the Sametime
Advanced 8.0.1 release.
Parent topic: Migrating to DB2 Workgroup Edition