Upgrading a remote 8.0 or 7.5.1 Conversion ServerAdded by IBM on November 23, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|If your IBM® Sametime® deployment includes a remote conversion server and you will continue to host meetings on one or more upgraded Sametime servers, you should upgrade the conversion server as well. If you upgraded the conversion server from an earlier release to 8.5 or later, you do not need to upgrade the conversion server again because there have been no changes since 8.5.
If your IBM
® deployment includes a remote conversion server and you will continue to host meetings on one or more upgraded Sametime
servers, you should upgrade the conversion server as well. If you upgraded the conversion server from an earlier release to 8.5 or later, you do not need to upgrade the conversion server again because there have been no changes since 8.5.
About this task
Community Server may already be configured to use a particular conversion server and port number. If you used a remote conversion server in a previous release of Sametime
, the configuration was migrated during the upgrade. You may have specified the configuration when you installed Sametime
or when you added Sametime
to a Domino
® server (IBM
i). Verify that the information is correct, or update the server configuration.
- On the upgraded Sametime Community server, verify the conversion server configuration:
- Open the stconvservices.properties file, which is located in the Sametime server data stconversion subdirectory.
- Check the value for RemoteConversionURL setting:
Find the entry for the conversion server that you plan to install, and note the port number.
Save and close the file.
If you updated the file, restart the Sametime server now.
Upgrade the remote conversion server:
Conversion Services installation program is located in the Sametime
Community Server package.
- Move to the computer hosting the remote conversion server that you will upgrade.
- Download the conversion server installation program or insert the CD containing it, and start the installation.
- Select a language for the installer, and click Next.
- Select the option to install Sametime Conversion Services, and click Next.
- Follow the prompts presented to complete the installation.
- When you are prompted for the port on which the conversion service will listen, specify the port number you noted when you verified the Sametime server configuration in Step 1.
- If you installed Conversion Services on Microsoft™ Windows™ 2000, restart the server.
- If your users will be posting documents that contain text for languages other than English, verify that the locale for your Conversion Server is set appropriately.
The conversion services component starts automatically when you restart the server. To start the conversion services manually, click Start
-> Administrative tools
Parent topic: Upgrading Sametime 8.0.x and 7.5.1 on AIX, Linux, Solaris, or Windows
Previous topic: Upgrading a stand-alone 8.0 or 7.5.1 Community Mux
Next topic: Upgrading a stand-alone Sametime Reflector