Add yourself or others as administrators IBM
® components that are hosted on IBM WebSphere
® Application Server.
About this task
You must give yourself and users that you designate as administrators the same roles as the WebSphere administrator (the "wasadmin" account)in order to manage Sametime
using the Sametime
System Console. The wasadmin ID is the WebSphere
Application Server User ID and password that you created when you installed Sametime
Parent topic: Administering
- From a browser, enter the URL for the Sametime System Console.
- Enter the WebSphere Application Server User ID and password that you created when you installed Sametime System Console.
The default name is wasadmin.
- Click Applications -> Application types -> WebSphere enterprise applications.
- Click Sametime System Console (deployment.ear).
- Under Detail Properties, click Security role to user/group mapping.
- Note the roles for wasadmin.
For information on the access level of the roles see "Administrative roles" in the WebSphere
Application Server information center.
to return to the Integrated Solutions Console.
- Click Users and Groups.
- Select either Administrative user or Administrative group to assign yourself and other designated administrators to the Administrator and Admin Security Manager roles, and other roles assigned to wasadmin.
Note: An administrator cannot map users and groups to the administrator roles without having the Admin Security Manager role.
- Save your changes.