Configuring JVM settings for Sametime GatewayAdded by IBM on March 23, 2012 | Version 1 (Original)
|Set the following required JVM arguments and memory settings for all of your IBM® Sametime® Gateway server instances. The instructions in this topic are not applicable to any of the SIP Proxy instances you might have.
Set the following required JVM arguments and memory settings for all of your IBM
® Gateway server instances. The instructions in this topic are not applicable to any of the SIP Proxy instances you might have.
About this task
Do not configure these JVM settings on a Solaris server, or you will not be able to start Sametime
Parent topic: Tuning a Sametime Gateway Server
Previous topic: Configuring automatic thread dumps for hung processes
Next topic: Setting log files size and rotation
- On the Sametime Gateway server, log in to the Integrated Solutions Console as the WebSphere® administrator.
- Click Servers -> Application Servers -> RTCGWServer.
- Under Server Infrastructure, click Java and Process management -> Process Definition.
- Under Additional Properties, click Java Virtual Machine.
- In the Generic JVM arguments field, enter the following value as one continuous line.
The Generic JVM arguments
must be entered as a single continuous line, despite the fact that it might have been broken into several lines due to documentation formatting limitations.
- In the Initial Heap Size field, enter 1500.
- In the Maximum Heap Size field, enter 1500.
- Click OK.
- Save the changes to the master configuration by clicking the Save link in the "Messages" box at the top of the page.
- If IBM Sametime Gateway is clustered, repeat this task for each node of the cluster.