Configuring JVM settings for the WebSphere proxy serverAdded by IBM on March 23, 2012 | Version 1 (Original)
|Configure Java™ Virtual Machine settings for the IBM® WebSphere® proxy server operating in front of a cluster of SIP Proxy Registrar components of the IBM Sametime® Media Manager.
™ Virtual Machine settings for the IBM
® proxy server operating in front of a cluster of SIP Proxy Registrar components of the IBM Sametime
® Media Manager.
Parent topic: Setting up a WebSphere proxy server for the SIP Proxy and Registrar cluster
Previous topic: Adding ports to the virtual host alias for the SIP Proxy and Registrar cluster
Next topic: Reconfiguring ports for a WebSphere proxy server hosted on a product node in the SIP Proxy and Registrar cluster
- On the WebSphere proxy server, log in to the Integrated Solutions Console as the WebSphere administrator.
- Click Servers -> Server Types -> WebSphere proxy servers.
- In the proxy servers table, click the name of the proxy server you are updating.
- Under Server Infrastructure, click Java and Process management -> Process Definition.
- Under Additional Properties, click Java Virtual Machine.
- In the Initial Heap Size field, enter 1024.
- In the Maximum Heap Size field, enter 1024.
- In the Generic JVM arguments field, enter the following value as one continuous line:
-Xmn150m -Xgcpolicy:gencon -Xgc:noAdaptiveTenure,tenureAge=1,stdGlobalCompactToSatisfyAllocate -XX:MaxDirectMemorySize=2048000000
The Generic JVM arguments
must be entered as a single continuous line, despite the fact that it might have been broken into several lines due to documentation formatting limitations.
- Click OK.
- Save the changes to the master configuration by clicking the Save link in the "Messages" box at the top of the page.
- Restart the WebSphere proxy server.
- If you deployed more than one WebSphere proxy server in front of the cluster, repeat this task for the other proxy servers.