® 8.5.2 Interim Feature Release 1 includes the ability to enable a new Tech Preview feature that allows Mac OS X clients to host screen-sharing sessions from the Meetings web client.
About this task
This Tech Preview feature is available with the following restrictions:
- IBM Support will accept problem reports (PMRs) relating to this feature and will validate on a case-by-case basis whether IBM can provide technical support. Any technical support for such nonconforming applications will be provided by IBM on an "as-is" basis.
- IBM cannot guarantee that any operating system or browser not listed in the System Requirements will result in a Sametime code fix, workaround, or other satisfactory problem resolution, or will be fully supported in a later release of Sametime.
To enable this Tech Preview feature, install Sametime
8.5.2 IFR1 and then follow these steps:
- Log in to the Sametime System Console as the administrator.
- Click Sametime System Console -> Sametime Servers -> Sametime Meeting Servers.
- In the Meeting Servers table, select the Sametime Meeting Server on which you want to enable this feature.
- On the Server Configuration page, scroll down and locate the custom configuration keys table at the bottom of the page.
- In the custom configuration keys table, click the New button at the top of the table.
- Add a custom configuration key using the following values:
Click OK to save the new configuration key.
- Configuration key: appshare.macshare.enabled
- Configuration value: true
Repeat this process on each Sametime Meeting Server where you want to enable this feature.
Users running the Meetings Web Client on Mac OS X will now be able to share their screens by selecting My Screen from the Start Sharing menu.
Parent topic: Configuring servers to support the Sametime web audio-visual plugin for browser-based clients