Federating a secondary node on Windows into the cellAdded by IBM on March 23, 2012 | Version 1 (Original)
|Add a secondary node to the Deployment Manager's cell. Adding secondary nodes to the cell allows a central point of administration for the network deployment by using the Deployment Manager's Integrated Solutions Console.
Add a secondary node to the Deployment Manager's cell. Adding secondary nodes to the cell allows a central point of administration for the network deployment by using the Deployment Manager's Integrated Solutions Console.
Before you begin
Expected state: the Deployment Manager is running.
- Make sure that the system clocks on the Deployment Manager and the secondary node are within five minutes of each other and set for the same timezone. Federation fails if the clocks are not synchronized within five minutes.
- Ping the Deployment Manager node from the secondary node to make sure the Deployment Manager host name is resolvable.
- On the secondary node, open a command window and navigate to the stgw_profile_root\bin directory.
- Run the following command to add a secondary node to the Deployment Manager's cell. Note the omission of the -includeapps qualifier.
addNode.bat DM_hostname DM_port_number
is the host name of the Deployment Manager server. For example:
addNode.bat gateway_dm.example.com 8879
Port 8879 is the default port on which the Deployment Manager listens.
To verify which port is used by the Deployment Manager for SOAP communication, open System Administration
-> Deployment manager
and note the value of SOAP_CONNECTOR_ADDRESS
- When prompted, provide the Deployment Manager's administrative user ID and password.
Wait for the operation to complete before proceeding. Look for a success message similar to the following when complete:
Node Machine22NodeSecondary has been successfully federated.
- For each additional secondary node, repeat the preceding steps.
- Restart the Deployment Manager by typing the following commands. Wait for the first command to finish before starting the Deployment Manager:
What to do next
When you have finished installing and federating secondary nodes into the Deployment manager, continue with the cluster configuration as instructed in the topic, Creating a cluster and proxy servers
Parent topic: Federating secondary nodes into the cell