When you enable TLS encryption for the IBM
® Media Manager and either do not enable single sign-on (SSO) or must support clients older than version 188.8.131.52, users will be required to log in with their passwords every time they access the server to use audio and video services. To work around this problem, instruct your users to select the "Remember password" option in the Sametime
client preferences for.
About this task
Using the Remember password
option allows the user to store the Sametime
password within the client and removes the need to provide the password every time audio or video services are required. Note that this setting must be specifically selected for every Sametime
community that the user belongs to. Provide the following instructions to your users.
Parent topic: Configuring Transport Layer security for the Sametime Media Manager
- Click File -> Preferences.
- Notes® users only: If you are using the embedded client in Notes, expand Sametime by clicking the + next to it.
- In the list of Sametime preferences, expand Server Communities by clicking the + next to it.
- For each community, save the associated password:
Every community stores its password separately so you must complete this step for all communities.
- Click the community’s name.
- In the community information section of the dialog box, click the Login tab.
- Type your user name in the User name field.
- Type your password in the Password field.
- Click Remember password to save the password.
- Click Apply.
- After you have updated all server communities, click OK to close the dialog box.
- Close and restart the client so your changes can take effect.