Adequate administrative permissions
- Open the following configuration file with a text editor:
You find this file in the following folder of the computer system set up on Telephony Application Server.
- Adjust the desired settings in the following file section.
- Save the changes in the configuration file.
- On the Operation & Maintenance navigation tab, click on the Configuration & Monitoring navigation menu item.
- In the navigation tree, click on System Status -> Nodes.
A list of all system nodes and 3rd party node connections available in the entire system is displayed in the workspace.
- Click on the name of the system node on which Telephony Application Server is installed.
A dialog box with the dashboard of the selected node opens.
- Click on Show next to Actions – Show services status.
A dialog opens with a list of all components available for the selected system node.
- Look in the list for the Logon service component and select the checkbox of the component.
By the following step, the logon service will be stopped and immediately restarted without any further query. Users can therefore not log on to the Lotus Sametime Unified Telephony system for a moment.
- Click on Restart.
The changed password policy is now effective.
Parent topic: Policy for User Passwords
1. <TCS-install > is the setup directory of the Lotus Sametime Unified Telephony system: /enterprise/ respectively /enterprise/