The CAC Group has already been created and has the appropriate Group Type
Adequate administrative permissions
Parent topic: CAC (Call Admission Control) Group
- Navigate to Telephony Control Server -> Administration -> Call Admission Control Management -> Groups -> Add/Edit
- Navigate to the Members tab.
- Click Add in the CAC Group Member(s) List to add members to the Group.
A CAC Group can only contain members of the selected type. The Group Type cannot be changed once the CAC Group has been created.
The Select a member to be added to the CAC Group dialog opens.
- Enter the name of the member(s) you want to add to the CAC Group.
- Add the address strings in the appropriate format depending on the CAC Group type.
A CAC Group can have a list of up to 64 subnets, 64 IP addresses, 64 DNs (wildcard support is provided), 300 child CAC Groups or 64 Location Domains. It is not possible to have a combination of these types in a list. The valid values address strings are based on the CAC Group type.
If CAC Group type is SubNet then this list can have values like 18.104.22.168/24
If CAC Group type is IP then this list can have values like 10.151.1.10
If CAC Group type is DN then this list can have values like 15615550110 (specific DN) or 1561556* (DN prefix)
If CAC Group type is CAC Group then this list displays the names of the CAC Groups.
It is possible to delete new addresses or modify existing ones in a CAC Group.
- Enter the IP address for the router.
The access router serving the CAC Group may have the capability to switch to a backup access link when the primary access link is down. In this case, the administrator may enable a backup access link for the CAC Group. If the backup access link is enabled, the CAC Policies assigned to this CAC Group can be configured with backup capacity values (max. bandwidth and/or max. number of calls). The Lotus Sametime Unified Telephony can then be instructed to alternate between the primary and the backup capacities by an external application via the Link Failure Management SDK.
- If Enable Backup Access Link is enabled: Enter the IP address for the access router serving the CAC Group as well as the interface name of the primary access link.
The combination of IP address plus interface name must be used for every CAC Group.
- Click OK.