This procedure describes how to create/edit Location Codes at the subscriber level.
Adequate administrative permissions.
Prefix Access Code is configured.
Destination Code is configured with Destination Type as Home Location.
- Log on to the CMP and activate the Telephony Control Server tab.
- Navigate to Business Group -> Translation -> Location Codes
- Click Add/Edit.
The Add/Edit Location Codes dialog opens.
- Navigate to the Identification area.
- Enter the matching code for this location in the Code name field.
- Navigate to the Settings area.
- Enter the international code length for the international code in the L2 Code length (international) name field.
- Enter the national code length for the national code in the L1 Code length (national) name field.
- Enter the local office code length for the national code in the L0 Code length (local office code) name field.
- Enter the Number of digits to skip in the Number of digits to skip name field.
If the matching Location Code contains also digits which are part of the extension numbers, those need to be skipped. Skip digits are numbers of digits which are to be skipped to extract the extension number when extension number and node access code overlap (i.e. 923-1790 with skip digits = 2 leads to extension number 31790). Default value: length of the LC or L0 (i.e. no overlapping).
- Click Save to apply the settings.
The Location Code is created, and a corresponding confirmation dialog is displayed. The location code is added to the list of location codes configured for the selected BG.
The Business Group Number shown below is split into its various parts.
Number used: 49 89 636 - 4
- Enter the location, the complete number including country code, area / city code, subscriber / local and the prefix access code from the BG (4). Display on the right side the formatted number.
- In the L0 (subscriber / local) enter the length of the subscriber / local number including the BG number. Display on the right side the selected portion of the number.
- In the L1 (national) enter the length of the city / area code. Display on the right side the selected portion of the number.
- In the L2 (International) field enter the length of the country code. Display on the right side the selected portion of the number.
|Numbering Plan Name||Mch_Pe|
|Location Code||49896364||+49 (89) 636 - 4|
|L2 (international) length||2||49|
|L1 (national) length||2||89|
|L0 (subscriber / local) length||4||636|
|Skip digits for BG identification||3||4|
Make sure that the single length of L0, L1, L2 does not exceed the length of the number entered. The Numbers to skip can not exceed the numbers left.
Parent topic: Location Codes and Private Numbering Plans