During system setup or normal administration new BGs (Business Groups) will be created. The goal of this workflow is to have a BG with all necessary input for supporting an intra BG SIP-to-SIP call via extension dialing. With legacy system [OSC legacy system0.01.ALL.40_PS0024 and onwards & DVD Application_PATCH-V4R1.302.0_PS2 and onwards] the name of an existing Business Group can be changed.
- Log on to the CMP and activate the Telephony Control Server tab.
- Navigate to Business Group List -> Business Groups.
The List Business Groups dialog opens, displaying the list of all available BGs.
- In the List Business Group dialog, select the BG you want to modify from the list by activating the checkbox in the Business Group column and click Edit.
The Edit Business Group dialog opens.
- Navigate to the General tab.
- Navigate to the Business Group area.
- Enter or change the Business Group name for your BG in the Business Group field.
This field is editable on: [OSC legacy system0.01.ALL.40_PS0024 and onwards & DVD Application_PATCH-V4R1.302.0_PS2 and onwards]. In case the field is not editable and it is grey-out, check your OSC patchset level and DVD. Afterwards continue with step 5. Do not use special characters or blanks! With legacy system the Name of an existing Business Group can be changed via editing an existing Business Group
- Click the "..." button to select the Default Numbering Plan
The Numbering Plan List opens. In the selection list all the PNPs of this BG are presented. If the user provides a Numbering Plan name, Lotus Sametime Unified Telephony uses this plan, otherwise Lotus Sametime Unified Telephony creates automatically the Default Numbering Plan using the name convention NP_BGName.
- Select a Numbering Plan from the list and click a OK.
The PNP will be automatically created from the BGs name.
- Make a Remark if required.
- Enter a number in the Display Number field that will be shown when a subscriber makes an external BG call.
Only digits are allowed.
- If you enable (default = disabled) the Use Reserved Directory Numbers flag, DNs will be reserved to be used by this BG so that no others can use these DNs. While creating a BGL only one of the reserved DNs can be requested to be associated with the BGL. Subscribers can only be subsequently created based upon a range of Directory Numbers that has been reserved for exclusive use by this Business Group.
When a BG with the enabled Use Reserved Directory Numbers attribute is deleted, the reservation status is removed from the HomeDN range and the HomeDNs are vacant again
- Modify the Default Office Code of the BG.
This is independent from the fact if one or multiple subscribers (BGLs, Business Group Lines) are already using that Office Code – even if the Default Office Code of the BG is changed, the subscribers (BGLs) stay with their existing Office Code.
- Click the "..." button to select a new Default Office Code for this BG.
The list of configured office codes are displayed
- Select a new Default Office Code for the BG and click OK.
- In the Default DLS Server field, click the "..." button to select/modify a DLS Server for this BG.
The Select DLS Server dialog opens, displaying the list of available DLS servers.
- Select a new DLS server from the list and click OK.
The selected DLS server is saved as Default DLS Server for this BG
- Click Save.