This procedure describes how to add/edit routing areas at the system wide level. During creation or modification of a routing area, it is possible to add one or more Office Codes. This has to be done manually (i.e. no list of existing Office Codes is provided for selection).
Adequate administrative permissions
Parent topic: Routing Areas
- Log on to the CMP and activate the Telephony Control Server tab.
- Activate the Global Translation and Routing tab.
- Navigate to Translation -> Routing Areas
The list shows all existing Routing Areas.
- Click Add to add a new routing area or select an existing one and click Edit .
The Add/Edit Routing Area dialog is displayed.
- Navigate to Routing Area section.
- Enter/change the Name of the new routing area.
A Routing Area Name might be the name of a location. Routing Area name is a string of characters, which means that the names of Routing Areas can begin with either a letter or a digit.
- Click Save to confirm your changes and store the data.