This procedure describes how to create/edit a time destinations at the system wide level.
To create a new time destination, you first need to define its Name
. Next, you need to configure its Weekly Schedule
and Day Schedules.
- Navigate to Telephony Control Server -> Global Translation and Routing -> Destinations and Routes.
- Click Time Destinations.
The dialog Time Destinations displays the list of all configured time destinations.
- Click Add to create a new time destination or select an existing one and Click Edit.
The Time Destination dialog opens.
- Navigate to the General tab.
- In the Name field on the General tab, enter the name for the new Time Destination.
Destination names can consist of 1 - 15 alphanumeric characters. This field is required for Time Destination creation.
- Navigate to the Day Schedules tab.
A Day Schedule must be complete in order to be used at the Weekly Schedule.
- Click Add to add a day schedule or select a day schedule from the list and click Edit.
The Day Schedule dialog is displayed.
- Navigate to the General tab.
- Enter the name of the Day Schedule in the Name field.
- Navigate to the Time Periods tab.
A Day Schedule may comprise one or more Time Periods. The Day Schedule is considered to be complete if every minute of the day belongs to exactly one Time Period.
The Time Periods this Day Schedule comprises of must not overlap.
- Click Add to define time periods for this day schedule or select an existing one and click Edit.
The dialog Time Period Schedule is displayed.
- Configure the Start Time and the Stop Time in the Time Period Schedule dialog.
- In the fields Start Time (Hour:Minute) select the hour and minute when the period schedule shall begin.
Possible start time hours are: 00 - 23. Possible start time minutes are: 00 - 59.
- In the fields Stop Time (Hour:Minute) select the hour and minute when the period schedule shall end.
Possible stop time hours are: 00 - 23. Possible stop time minutes are: 00 - 59.
- Navigate to the Destination area of the currently opened Time Period Schedule dialog.
- Select the Destination name to specify the desired destination during the period of time you have set using the “...” button next to the Destination Name field.
The Destination Name dialog is displayed, showing a list of destination names.
- Select a destination name from the list.and click Accept Selection.
The Time Period Schedule dialog will be closed and the newly created time period is displayed on theTime Periods tab.
For each Time Period defined, the start time, stop time and destination name is displayed.
- Click OK.
- Navigate to the Weekly Schedule tab o define a complete time destination schedule for an entire week, specifying Day Schedules, i. e. Daily Routing Schedules, for each day of the week, including weekend days
- Select the Day Schedules from the corresponding dropdown lists for each weekday which must have been created in a previous step.
- Click Save to confirm your selection.
An information dialog is displayed, prompting you to assign at least one Day Schedule in the Weekly Schedule.
When creating a new Time Destination, you need to assign at least one Day Schedule in its Weekly Schedule. A Day Schedule may comprise of one or more Time Periods. The Day Schedule is considered to be complete if every minute of the day belongs to exactly one Time Period. Time Periods of a Day Schedule must not overlap.
If you save the Time Destination record without assigning a valid Day Schedule to each day of the week, the system displays an error message indicating that the Time Destination record is incomplete and cannot yet be used in an E.164 Code record.
Parent topic: Time Destinations/Time-of-Day Routing