This procedure describes how to add/edit an origin route of an origin destination at the system wide or subscriber level.
Each route must have a unique combination of routing areas and destinations.
It is not possible to assign the same combination of routing areas and destinations to multiple routes.
- Log on to the CMP and activate the Telephony Control Server tab.
- Activate the Global Translation and Routing tab.
- Navigate to Destinations and Routes -> Origin Destinations
The Origin Destinations dialog opens, displaying the list of all existing origin destinations.
- Select an existing origin route from the list and click Edit
The Origin Destinations dialog (for creating and editing origin destinations) opens.
- Navigate to the Routes tab.
- Click Add to add a new origin route or select an existing one from the list and click Edit
The Origin Route dialog opens.
- To select a Routing Area click the "..." ellipsis button next to the Routing Area field.
The Select Routing Area dialog opens.
- Select an item from the list by checking its radio button and click OK.
The dialog closes, and the name selected is displayed in the Routing Area field.
- To specify the Destination Type, select a value from the dropdown list. Possible destination types are:
Destination (only available if Carrier is the type of origin destination configured on the General tab).
Media Gateway (only available if Media Server is the type of origin destination configured on the General tab).
- To select a Destination to be reached by this call click the "..." ellipsis button next to the Destination Name field.
The Destination Names dialog opens, displaying the available destinations.
- Select the destination to be reached by this call and click OK.
The dialog closes, and the name selected is displayed in the Destination Name field.
- Click OK to save the data entered.
The Destination Names dialog closes.
- Click Save.
The route is added to the origin destination. It is possible to add multiple routes to an origin destination, and to delete or modify existing routes of an origin destination.
Parent topic: Origin-Dependent Translation and Routing