This procedure describes how to add/remove a member to/from a subscriber's Community Group. If the Community Group doesn't yet exist, it is created on the fly. When the last member is deleted from the group, it will be automatically deleted.
Adequate administrative permissions
- Log on to the CMP and activate the Telephony Control Server tab.
- Activate the Business Group tab.
- Select the adequate switch from the list of Default Switch
- Select the adequate BG from the list of Available Business Groups
- Select the adequate Branch Office from the list of Available Branch Offices
- Navigate to Members -> Subscribers
The list of Subscribers of the selected Branch Office is displayed in the work area.
- Select the subscriber and click the Edit button
- Activate the Groups tab and navigate to the Community Group Members section.
- Use the Add button to add members (destinations within the private network) to the subscriber's Community Group Members list:
- In the Add Member to Community Group dialog, enter data for the new member. The following parameters can be specified:
Community Member Number (mandatory)
This is the (index) number the subscriber has to dial after the one-way or two-way intercom access code in order to reach this member. The value has to unique for this subscriber; the allowed number Range is 0-99.
Destination Number (mandatory)
This member's DN must be a valid private network number and must be routable according to the related subscriber's numbering plan.
Currently, the Destination Number must coincide with the number that would be displayed on the Intercom Subscriber's phone/client when receiving a basic call from the respective group member.
Destination Name (optional)
A descriptive string with a maximum length of 50 characters.
Incoming Block (optional, default: false)
If set to true, the Intercom Subscriber is protected against terminating Intercom Calls from this member
- Click OK to apply the settings.
- Use the Delete button to remove members from the subscriber's Community Group Members list:
- Select members by ticking the appropriate checkboxes in the members list
- Click Delete to remove the members from the list.
- Click Save to persist your changes.
If you haven't already done so, create the Feature Access Code for 1-way and/or 2-way Intercom in the appropriate numbering plan(s).
Prepare the subscriber's phone/client for Intercom calls and, optionally, for repertory dialing.
Parent topic: Community Groups