Adequate administrative permissions
Communicating with a 3rd party node via SSH requires the SSH Secure Shell client (PuTTY). Before you can add a new 3rd party nodes connection, you must therefore install the SSH Secure Shell client if it has not been set up yet.
- On the Operation & Maintenance navigation tab, click on the Configuration & Monitoring navigation menu item.
- In the navigation tree, click on System Status -> Nodes.
- Click on 3rd party nodes.
A dialog opens that displays a list of all 3rd party node connections configured in the entire system.
- Click on Add.
The dialog with the link settings opens.
- Select under Ext. Link Type the protocol to be used for communicating with the 3rd party node.
- Under Name enter a short, unique name for the new 3rd party nodes connection.
Under this name the 3rd party nodes connection is administered in the Common Management Portal.
- Specify under Ext. Link the address under which the external system can be reached.
- If you have selected the SSH protocol under Ext. Link Type, enter under Username the name of the user to be deployed for the connection setup.
- Specify under Description a short descriptive text for the new 3rd party node connection.
- Click on Test to test the settings.
- Click on Save to copy the entries to the system's database.
The new 3rd party nodes connection is displayed in the list of 3rd party nodes connections.
Parent topic: 3rd Party Nodes