A Branch Office (BO) can be assigned with max 8 MediaServers. A MediaServer can be assigned simultaneously to multiple Branch Offices.
Adequate administrative permissions.
Up to 2000 subscribers can be assigned per BranchOffice
Up to 3000 Branch Offices (per BG) can be managed
Up to 3000 Media Servers per BO can be managed
A Media Server can be unassigned from one BO and assigned to another BO.
- Log on to the CMP and activate the Telephony Control Server tab.
- Activate the to Business Group tab.
- Navigate to BranchOffice List -> BranchOffices
The Branch Office List is displayed.
- Select a Branch Office from the list.
This step is mandatory before you can assign MediaServers from BranchOffice
- Navigate to Telephony Control Server -> Business Group -> Members -> Media Servers
All of the Media Servers that are assigned to this Branch Office are displayed in the list of Assigned Media Servers.
The buttons Assign/Unassign are fully functional ONLY when you go to MediaServers from BranchOffice and you have already applied the needed/specific provisioning for the Distributed Media Server deployment scenarios with BranchOffices-Automatic Configuration. For further details, please refer to Help paragraph for Media Server Deployment Scenarios at Lotus Sametime Unified Telephony
- Click Assign.
The Media Server List dialog opens.
- Select a Media Server from the list by checking its checkbox and click OK.
The newly assigned Media Server(s) is/are displayed on the Assigned Media Servers
list view, and a corresponding confirmation is displayed.
Parent topic: Business Group Branch Offices
Media Server Deployment Scenarios at Telephony Control Server