In order to Autodiscover the RG2700 through the assistant the Read Communities of the RG2700 read snmp alarms from the Telephony Control Server must be configured.
For Autodiscovery of RG2700 Gateways to work correctly, you need to open Ports 161 and 162 by modifying the Firewall settings using CLI.
Adequate administrative permissions
Parent topic: Media Gateway RG 2700
- Navigate to Telephony Control Server -> Administration -> Routing Gateways -> RG2700 Gateways.
- A list of all available Gateways to other PABXs is displayed.
- Click Auto Discover.
- The RG 2700 Gateway Auto Discovery dialog opens. When this dialog is first displayed the Discovered Gateways list will be empty. Modifying and re-running the search via the General tab will refresh the Discovered Gateways list.
- On the General tab, enter the Starting IP address and the Ending IP address to specify the Search Range.
You can use wildcard characters in the Starting IP Address field like 132.56.43.* or 18.104.22.168? or a range (e.g. 139.123.100.* - 139.123.150.*) for limiting the search (autodiscovery) area. If a wildcard character is used in the Starting IP Address field, the Ending IP Address field is ignored.
- Click the Search button. All connected gateways will be polled. The Discovery Progress dialog opens. An automatic scan of all attached gateways within the specified search range is performed and reported in the Discovery Progress dialog. New RG2700 gateways will be displayed and offered for configuration in the Gateways tab. After configuring a new RG2700 Gateway, this new gateway will be physically connected to the Lotus Sametime Unified Telephony system.
Already known and configured RG2700 gateways will not be offered for configuration any more.