How to Configure CDR Settings - General Settings for CDR Method PullAdded by IBM on November 30, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
The Lotus Sametime Unified Telephony Assistant is only used to configure the FTP client ("Pull" method) or FTP/SFTP server ("Push"/”SPush” method) of the Lotus Sametime Unified Telephony.
The appropriate port on the internal Telephony Control Server firewall has to be opened.
Parent topic: Store CDR (Call Detail Record)
- Navigate to Telephony Control Server -> Administration -> General Settings -> CDR Settings.
The Configure CDR Settings dialog opens, containing all the tabs and dialogs used to configure the settings of CDR.
- Click General.
- Navigate to the Transfer Configuration area where you can select the CDR generation method.
- Select Pull (via FTP) as CDR Delivery Method from the dropdown list
With this method, the Billing Server and Backup Server settings are disabled, and the CDR File Renaming and Secondary Storage checkboxes on the Options tab are not accessible. In the Pull model, the Lotus Sametime Unified Telephony stores closed Billing Files in an internal repository (the /cdr directory). The Lotus Sametime Unified Telephony provides internal CDR redundancy via mirrored storage locations. The Pull model enables you to configure an external billing server or post-processing system to FTP completed Billing Files from the Lotus Sametime Unified Telephony's internal repository. In addition, via this Pull model, you can schedule transfers of Billing Files from the Lotus Sametime Unified Telephony if your postprocessing system provides this functionality.
- Click the Generate PISN ID button in order to generate a node ID automatically. The node ID consists of three parts and has to be unique within the network. The NodeID wil be generated using an algorithm based on the IP of the selected switch, offering uniqueness in this way. Possible values for the Node ID are:
Layer 2 area ID (0-31)
Layer 1 area ID (0-255)
Layer 0 area ID (0-999)
After configuring the PISN Node ID, click OK button to apply the settings.
The selected NoteID is crosschecked with all NodeIDs of all configured switches and if duplicates are found, a warning message is displayed. The administraton can either cancel and change the NodeID or ignore the warning. The system stores the configured Node ID.
- Click Save to save the data entered.