How to Configure Connection Settings for SubscriberAdded by IBM on November 30, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
Adequate administrative permissions
Parent topic: Managing BG related Subscribers
How to Bulk Edit Subscribers
- Navigate to Telephony Control Server -> Business Group -> Members -> Subscribers.
The Subscribers dialog opens, displaying all the subscribers who are members of the selected BG (Business Group).
- Select a subscriber from the list.
- Click Add/Edit.
The Add/Edit Subscriber dialog opens, containing all the tabs and dialogs used to configure the settings of a subscriber.
- Navigate to the Connection tab.
- Navigate to the Connection Settings area.
- Select one of the following possible values from the dropdown list next to the Connection Information field.
SIP (Default) - If you configure
Provide Only - If you configure
- Navigate to the Type field. Select the Type (Registration Type) of an endpoint:
Static - If you configure Static as the registration type for a SIP Endpoint, you must also specify the signaling address type and a valid Endpoint Address and signaling port..
Dynamic (Default) - If you configure Dynamic as the registration type for a SIP Endpoint, the Signaling Address Type automatically changes to IP Address or FQDN, the signaling IP address defaults to 0.0.0.0, and the signaling port defaults to 5060. These values are updated appropriately upon Endpoint registration.Dynamic
When the Signaling Address Type is of type FQDN or DNS SRV, the following RTP parameters defined in RTP database should be used in the contact and Via header for message requests and responses sent to the endpoint:
SipAddress/1/DNSSRV, SipAddress/1/FQDN, SipAddress/2/DNSSRV, SipAddress/2/FQDN.
- Navigate to the Transport Protocol field. Select the supported transport protocol: UDP (User Datagram Protocol), TCP (Transmission Control Protocol), TLS (Transport Layer Security).
- Enter IP Address and the Port of the SIP phone.
- Click the "..." selection button next to the Associated Endpoint field in order to select an Endpoint.
The Endpoint List dialog opens.
- Select an Endpoint from the list by checking its radio button and click OK.
- Click Save.