How to Configure SIP Phone Settings for Subscriber TemplateAdded by IBM on November 30, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
Parent topic: Subscriber Templates
- Log on to the CMP and activate the Telephony Control Server tab.
- Navigate to Administration -> Subscriber Templates.
All existing subscriber templates will be listed.
- Click Add/Edit Subscriber Template.
The Add/Edit Subscriber Template dialog is displayed.
- Navigate to the SIP tab.
- Navigate to the Phone area.
- Navigate to the Type field. Select the Type (Registration Type) of an endpoint:
Static - If you configure Static as the registration type for a SIP Endpoint, you must also specify the signaling address type and a valid Endpoint Address and signaling port..
Dynamic (Default) - If you configure Dynamic as the registration type for a SIP Endpoint, the Signaling Address Type automatically changes to IP Address or FQDN, the signaling IP address defaults to 0.0.0.0, and the signaling port defaults to 5060. These values are updated appropriately upon Endpoint registration.Dynamic
When the Signaling Address Type is of type FQDN or DNS SRV, the following RTP parameters defined in RTP database should be used in the contact and Via header for message requests and responses sent to the endpoint:
SipAddress/1/DNSSRV, SipAddress/1/FQDN, SipAddress/2/DNSSRV, SipAddress/2/FQDN.
- Navigate to the Transport Protocol field. Select the supported transport protocol: UDP (User Datagram Protocol), TCP (Transmission Control Protocol), TLS (Transport Layer Security).
- Click Save.