You can assign one or several subscriber phone numbers to a user account. Assigning several subscriber phone numbers to a user account effects the following: The relevant user can choose one of the associated subscribers as preferred device in his/her Lotus Sametime Unified Telephony client. Furthermore, additional subscribers influence the media presence status of the relevant user if they belong to Telephony Control Server or a HiPath 4000 connected to Telephony Application Server.
You use Telephony Application Server in your Lotus Sametime Unified Telephony system .
Adequate administrative permissions
Parent topic: User Administration
- Select in the Domain drop-down list of the toolbar the domain in which the desired user account has been created.
- On the Users & Resources navigation tab, click on the Users navigation menu item.
- In the navigation tree, click on User Administration -> Users.
A list of all user accounts that are configured in the selected domain appears in the work area.
- Click on the login name of the desired user account.
The dialog with the settings of the relevant user account opens.
- Click the Resources tab.
All resources assigned to the relevant user account are displayed.
- Click on the Advanced... button in the User Devices section.
A list of all subscribers who you can assign to the user account appears.
- Select the checkbox of the subscribers you want to assign to the user account.
- Click on OK to copy the selected phone numbers.
The newly assigned phone number is now displayed as phone number entry under Number.
- To configure a phone number as unified number phone number, select Set as unified number in the action menu of the relevant phone number entry.
In the unified number column the phone number is indicated with
as unified number phone number.
- Click on Save to copy the entries to the system's database.